Saturday, 29 July 2017

Oven Baked Lemon Zucchini and New Potato Salad

This is a simple oven baked potato salad making the most of home-grown zucchini. 

Zucchini aka Courgettes in the UK as you all know are pretty bland and that is the reason I doused these with some zingy lemony oil.  


This Oven Baked Lemon Zucchini and New Potato Salad was served as part of a light buffet style meal. 
I am sharing this simple Oven Baked Lemon Zucchini and New Potato Salad with Soups, Salads and Sammies hosted by Kahakai Kitchen.  
Lemon Zucchini and New Potato Salad
Serves 4
Ingredients
4 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 2 large lemons
Handful o f fresh mint, minced

Salt and pepper to taste
500g new potatoes, (optional parboiled and )sliced in half
4 courgettes, sliced into bite size chunks
1 large red onion, cut into 6 wedges
4 cloves of garlic, still in papery skin
Method
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mint and season to taste.
Then stir in the chopped vegetables.
Transfer to a large baking dish and roast in over for 35 - 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning half-way through the cooking.

13 comments:

  1. I'm loving your courgette series at the moment. It makes me hope that they turn up in the veg box more often. I don't mind them, but I think they can be a bit bland, as you rightly say. I bet the lemon-courgette-spud axis would taste amazing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joey. The lemon really did lift it. I have also been using Tasmanian Pepper Salt that Johanna sent me from Oz and it has been amazing.
      I have so many more courgette recipes to come, not all vegan - sorry - but glad you are enjoying them.

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious, thanks very much.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think courgettes are transformed when roasted with garlic if you can catch them when they are slightly charred but not yet completely turned to mush, an art akin to ripening a pear. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious. Do you pre-cook anything in advance of going in the baking dish? I always find the courgette goes a bit slushy before the potatoes are cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda, Oh I should have said. I usually cut the potatoes down to size so cook at same speed, but i have to confess the new potatoes here were parboiled and left over from a previous meal, so yes cooked in advance - some new potatoes do take ages to bake in oven. Thanks for enquiring.

      Delete
  5. This looks and sounds delicious with the lemon and mint in the dressing. Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A seriously great idea. I love roasted veggies and this salad sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You