Sunday, 23 July 2017

Birmingham Digbeth and Custard Factory Graffiti Art: Part 1

If your a regular reader of my blog, you will know that I do like graffiti art.

Well on our recent trip to the city of Birmingham for a short break, not only did we go sight seeing - we also went looking for graffiti art.  

Here are a selection of what we saw Birmingham, mostly in Digbeth and in and around the Custard Factory.    
Yes Indeedy I wrote graffiti 







Same image as the one above it, but a little more close up.






The above work, just a bit more close up - so you can see the detail. 


This one is my favourite, its matchstick workman painted above a pipe.  It was not easy to take.  I had to squeeze my hand through the fence to get a picture of this. 
No doubt there were many more beyond the Custard Factory, but it was time to find some grub and my feet wanted to rest. 

Please note as we took so many photographs, this is part 1 of Birmingham Graffiti Art, I will be doing another blog post and will link here when I have.

See here for my previous blog post on Birmingham Places 
Fellow blogger Second Hand Susie also has blogged about Birmingham Graffiti, please see here and here

12 comments:

  1. I love street art. We are blessed here in Sheffield with some talented artists although Bristol is my favourite city for graffiti art. http://streetartsheffield.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bristol is my favourite city for lots of things inc. graffiti art - we visit it pretty much on a monthly basis i think. If I should ever find myself in Sheffield, i will def. explore. Thanks for the link, will check it out.

      Delete
  2. Your photos and the street art you capture here are fabulous. Thanks for taking your readers along on another of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e. I am pleased you enjoy my adventures, though I am still not much a traveller compared to other bloggers, my exploits tend to be more closer to home ie UK than overseas.

      Delete
  3. Wow that is so much artwork - those little people working on the pipe are really fun - and so many interesting faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johanna, yes lots and there was so much more that we saw that we did not photograph and those that we missed. I am pleased you like the pipe people.

      Delete
  4. I love these photos, Digbeth is the best area for street art! I've never seen those little men along the pipe, I'll have to keep my eye out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for confirming that Digbeth is the place for graffiti art in Brum. I can't remember exactly, but the pipe men is the street before you arrive at the tall pipe man with moustache (see first picture on part 2) and keep walking down past garage and you come across a tunnel and its in the tunnel bit, but beware even then its behind a gate. Hope that helps and hope you see it.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I never get bored of looking at street art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, we enjoy street art too and some public art!

      Delete
  6. Such skilled artists. It's so pleasing to see huge paintings rather than blank walls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda I think it livens a place up than dreary ugly walls that can seem grey and intimidating too. Colour brings smile to peoples faces

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You