Sunday, 12 March 2017

Day in Bath

Weekends are so short, yesterday we went to Bath, Somerset in England and today has been a day of house chores, from dusting to laundry to ironing.  The garden plot once again is neglected, though I am pleased to say that I have stuck some seeds in germination pots.  

Now I want to rest - but have to prepare lunch for tomorrow and then make a Vegetarian roast dinner, then maybe, maybe I can finally rest my little feet.  I do sometimes wish we had a three day weekend. 
Anyway, even though we have been there before, here are some photographs of our day trip to Bath in England.  



Here is also a  link to some photographs of our past trip to Bath which also includes the inside of the Roman Baths.  We gave a miss this time having done the tourist thing last time

I love this, angels climbing up Stairway to Heaven, I guess, some were evening falling downwards.



I like spotting ghost signs
I did not see much graffiti art in Bath, those that caught my eye remained loyal to its surroundings and not particularly out of place. 







We went into Green Park Station where a farmers market is held often.  I like going to farmers markets to see whats new and different; and also to seek some inspiration
I bought a loaf of beetroot bread, Leafy Teas Coconut Tea and a Spanish and Almond Fig Cake.
Beyond the Kale: Plant Based Kitchen is located inside the Green Park Station and it looked really fantastic, but it was really busy - a good sign, however we decided to to check it out some other time as we were not overly hungry having eaten a vegetarian sausage roll from Th Cornish Bakehouse in the city cente upon arrival. 
Even when we got to The Green Rocket, a popular vegetarian cafe we were still not hungry, though we decided to step inside and have a double Expresso  each and a slice of Peanut Butter and Banana Cake, which was yummy by the way.  We have eaten at The Green Rocket in the past, so I did not feel like I missed out.
We walked around Bath Antique and Flea market a bit, I picked up a couple of bits there.  A stones throw away from the Antique and Flea Market is a health shop there called Harvest Natural Foods that I like to visit when in Bath.  Well we were finally peckish, so we decided to get something to eat from there.  I got a vegan sausage bread roll with sauerkraut and avocado which was nice. D had a slice of their Feta Cheese and Spinach pie, except by the time we found somewhere to sit and eat it, D noticed it was a slice of Lentil Pie, he was happy to eat it, until...he bit into it.  It was stale and then in him passing it to me to confirm this was indeed the case, it fell completely apart that is how dry it was.  Unfortunately we were not near Harvest to take it back.  We may go there in future but only to buy dried goods, never for ready made foodstuffs, never again.  It was a shame for such a popular place to serve and sell this.
Finally back into the city centre to the car park, we bump into a very realistic chocolate lady standing outside a chocolate shop, we resisted.  It was time to call it a day.  
It was good day out.  

10 comments:

  1. How lovely , Bath looks grand, I've never been but it is on my list to visit , thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura.
      Its worth visiting

      Delete
  2. You always have the best days out. I hope you enjoyed it, and I look forward to the next, after you've had your feet up a bit. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks e.
      We need to start exploring different places, but we keep going back to the familiar.

      Delete
  3. sounds like an interesting visit - shame that D didn't hit the jackpot with his lunch but glad at least yours was nice - your photos are lovely - wonder if the street art is policed quite strictly to keep Bath looking historic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Johanna and a visit we feel on our pockets, but we don't do it that often. Yes I think the graffiti art is restricted, Bath is a completely different animal of a city compared to Bristol

      Delete
  4. I wish we could have visited Bath on our recent trip to Somerset, but am pleased to think of you doing it and lived vicariously through your post. It is such a stunning city and with so many good eating options for veggies - although what a shame about your lunch given that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to visit Bath some other time. You got to see a part of Somerset that I have yet to explore :) so I will enjoy through you too.

      Delete
  5. Oh it looks like you had a wonderful time. It's beautiful there. It looks like you saw some beautiful sights, enjoyed some good food. And the Antique Flea Market sounds very cool =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy, Bath always makes a nice day out.

      Delete

If you’ve tried one of my recipes, Please let me know by leaving a comment below or tagging me social media with @SeasonalShaheen.

Thank You